Fuchsias are a popular choice for summer bedding schemes and containers, due to their attractive, usually pendent flowers from summer to autumn. Some are hardy enough to be used in perennial planting schemes, and may even be clipped into a low-growing hedge.
All fuchsias benefit from fertile, moist but well-drained soil, in a sheltered spot in partial shade.
Fuchsia ‘Beacon’ is a hardy shrub fuchsia, growing to an eventual height of around 60cm. It’s an upright shrub with dark green foliage, and bears pretty single flowers with carmine pink petals and red-pink sepals. Grow it in a mixed herbaceous border in part shade, or in a pot on a sheltered, part-shaded patio.
- Sun exposure: Full sun, Dappled shade, Partial shade
- Aspect: North facing, East facing, South facing, West facing
- Position in border: Middle
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Maintenance: Prefers rich soil
- Soil type: Well drained/light/sandy, Clay/heavy/moist, Chalky/alkaline
- Product Code: Fuchsia 'Beacon
- Availability: 42
- Ex Tax: £1.00
Tags: Fuchsia 'Beacon